|MSME Internship Scheme|
Background: Over the years, in the course of implementation of MSME Cluster Program, it was felt that the interaction of technical institutes with the cluster industries remained rather limited and restricted to the level of faculty only (project/study investigators) with little or no involvement of students. Though our Academia/technical institutes of India have vast pool of human resource in the form of students also, but these students are not sufficiently oriented towards reaching out to the MSME Sector. With this in view, MSME Internship scheme was launched towards encouraging enhanced and continued involvement of students and faculty of technical institutions with industries and providing technical support to the otherwise technologically deficient MSMEs.
Objectives of the TIFAC – MSME Internship Scheme
The scheme launched in the year 2014 -15, and since continued, with five Institutions namely:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. Tamil Nadu
- MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra
- VIT, Vellore, Tamil Nadu.
TIFAC supports one hundred and fifty students (thirty (30) through each Institution) per year under the scheme.
- Design and static analysis of special purpose packaging machine
- Design, simulation and development of acquisition of MRI
- Four layered printed circuit board for RF synthesizer
- System engineering approach to design motion control system of multi axis bench top robot
- Automation and control of special purpose packaging machine
- Design, simulation and development of reconstruction of MRI
- Automation in Braided wire cutting & M I Rod Straightening & cutting methodology for thermocouple production unit
- Analysis of flow of hot gases over clutch plate of 16MnCr5, and design and development of pallet for enhanced heat transfer rate
- Design and development of Hydraulic Rotational Jib Crane
For scheme details click here...